Sunday, May 15, 2011

Springtime in London

The following are some pictures of the London Mennonite Centre garden in late mid-late April.  Springtime seemed to have hit a bit earlier this year than in years past.  It has also been quite a bit drier than usual, so there haven't been any of the normal April showers.  I expect at some point during the summer months it will be a considerable bit wetter, but for the time being I am enjoying the dryness.  












 The last three photos are from when I duct taped a camcorder to the front of my bike.  I now have a tape running about 55 minutes of me cycling from the London Mennonite Centre down around Oxford Circus, around Trafalgar Square, and back up.  About a 12-13 mile ride in all.  It's currently on a VHS tape, but someday I might try to get it on a computer so I could upload a short clip.  There's a couple of moves which you can't see properly so they seem worse than they actually were.

Overall it was a fun experience.  Not sure it is worth the effort to do many times as I've got a limited amount of tape to record on and I have to tape it back to the bike (and then take it back off again) to do anything with it.  It's a lot of extra weight to add on if it isn't be used.




In other cycling news I am planning on cycling from Glasgow Scotland to London sometime in August with a cousin on my Dad's side of the family.  It should be a lot of fun (and a lot of work).  I think we will plan on doing about 60 miles per day.  I'll need to start training for it soon so I will be able to enjoy the trip.  I'm looking forward to it.

This week I am up in the "lake district," while on a week-long training course.   So far the location reminds me a bit of Vermont given that it is very rural, roads are windy, it is hilly and green (though not as many trees on top) and there are a lot of skinny  lakes, hence the name.  If I get the chance to go out I will post some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment