Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Waiting for Godot

(meant to post this a while ago, but here's a short update)

So I'm into a fairly busy time with work/life in London.  Just finished a week long course that was held in London (in Feb) and will be having two more courses over the next two months.  Basically is a set up of: prepare for course, do training course, recover from course, catch up from where you left work before you left, prepare for next course, rinse, repeat.  It'll likely leave me very ready for holiday time I have coming in March (heading to Athens, Greece) and when my parents come in late April/into early May.

Before the last course I did a little bit of sightseeing.  Some pictures of an ice sculpture made for the winter olympics.


Two pictures of a Roman wall that still runs throughout London.



After the last course I decided to go to a show - waiting for Godot.  It had Ian McKellen, who for those of you who don't know was Gandalf in Lord of the Rings, as one of the main actors.  Pretty darn good seats (cost 11 pounds and were front row - special tickets I got by waiting outside the box office on the day of) where I really could have grabbed the actor's feet at one point.

1 comment:

  1. Seeing that play with Ian McKellen and begin that close to the stage must be a wonderful, memorable evening. Good for you!! Can't wait to see some pics of Athens, too. These are great!

    ReplyDelete