Saturday, May 5, 2012

South West Coast Path: Day 3 - St Ives to Pendeen

After my typical large breakfast I left at about 9:15 or so for the next town.  Not the longest day, only 13 miles to go, but suppose to have the "hardest section of coast path."  I pushed hard to try and stay ahead of the rain which was forecasted for the evening.

Rain cloud behind me coming out of St Ives


Flowers galor all along the path

Some of the up...with bluebells

Narrow path

Rain cloud still following...

Pretty creek crossing




Rain finally caught me...got drenched, so my last two or three hours were pretty wet.  Path got rather muddy too, but I only stepped right in it a few times.  My feet were wet anyways by that point.  

Got the the village of Pendeen and stayed at the North Inn, which was also a pub.  Had a really yummy curry for supper (their specialty) and watched the Man United / Man City football match over a few beers. 

My accommodation and food!

Sunset out my bedroom window

Overall, a lot of simply gorgeous coastline, with some intermittent showers.  Not a bad day.  Certainly heads and tails better than the previous day.  Forecast for the next two days was looking up as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment